Working hours: 16 per week
Remuneration: £19,800 - £23,456 (pro-rata)
Closing Date: 31st May 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
This Sheltered Housing Manager role is mobile covering the Scottish Borders, Edinburgh, West Lothian, and East Fife. You’ll be fostering an environment based on respect and confidentiality where customers’ independence and choice are promoted to the fullest extent of their wishes and ability. You’ll be providing an efficient and effective sheltered housing management service.
The Sheltered Housing Manager (mobile) will work with us on a permanent basis looking after housing management, property repair and maintenance, customer emergencies, communal facilities and performance and other managerial responsibilities. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
You will be providing advice and assistance to customers and others regarding Hanover’s sheltered housing management services as well on matters relating to use of development facilities and availability of local services and organisations.
- Welcoming prospective and new customers and assist in settling in of the latter.
- Involvement of relatives, friends and wider community with customers on development.
- Summon contractors in event of emergency breakdown to lifts, boilers, power utilities.
- Test fire and other alarms in accordance with Association procedures.
- Notify and record repair complaints in accordance with Property & Development’s procedures and liaise with contractors and record services provided and work done. Carrying out inspections of properties at termination of tenancies in co-operation with Property & Development staff.
- Liaise with maintenance and services staff and report on conditions of fabric, machinery and utilities.
- Undertake health and safety checks and communal meter readings.
- Includes personal response to customer emergency alarm calls, providing emergency aid pending emergency services arrival, sympathetic response to customers in the event of illness, hospitalisation, and bereavement:
- Liaising with customers, relatives and others in the event of emergencies and their aftermath and providing emergency assistance to customer’s short term with regard to daily living tasks as necessary.
- Promoting the use of communal facilities and manage their use effectively and efficiently. Encouraging social communal activities on the part of customers. And encourage customers’ access to services of local community groups.
- You will be responsible for supervising sheltered housing staff, ensuring maintenance of effective security for the development and grounds and that high cleaning standards are in place.
- Maintaining efficient and effective records and administration to association standards, including those of confidentiality. Assisting with the dissemination of information such as community alarm data and customer surveys.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- 2 years’ experience in similar housing support, housing management, care or equivalent role.
- Registered, or ability to register, with the Scottish Social Services Council as a condition of employment.
- Holder, or able to obtain, Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Must be a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme for adults.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Strong skills and knowledge of supported services’ provision, preferably involving retired persons and their accommodation.
- Possess a sound working knowledge of welfare benefits system and services provided by statutory agencies.
- Experience administering and manage Housing Support Plans and other procedures underpinning services.
- Excellent time management and able to prioritise a varied workload.
- Basic IT skills including ability to use MS Word to read documents, Outlook for emails and search skills to use company Intranet.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
- You will receive confirmation of successful application and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the job specific and occupational requirements of the role
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us