Working hours: 10 hours per week
Remuneration: £11.08 per hour
Closing Date: 23rd December 2021 noon
Sheltered Housing Manager – Edinburgh
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
About the Role
Hanover are recruiting for an experienced Sheltered Housing Manager to manage our Carlyle Court development in Edinburgh. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our customers and involves working 08:30 to 13:30, Saturday to Sunday, giving a total of 10 hours per week.
In this role, you will provide an efficient and effective sheltered housing management service, managing property repairs, maintenance, communal facilities, security and ensuring that the development and grounds are well managed according to high standards.
You will be responsible for supervising sheltered housing staff, maintaining efficient records and assisting with the dissemination of information such as community alarm data and customer surveys. Together with other managerial responsibilities you will be fostering an environment based on respect and confidentiality where customers’ independence and choice are promoted.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- 2 years’ experience in similar housing support, housing management, care or equivalent role.
- Registered, or ability to register, with the Scottish Social Services Council as a condition of employment.
- Holder, or able to obtain, Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Must be a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme for adults.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Strong skills and knowledge of supported services’ provision, preferably involving retired persons and their accommodation.
- Possess a sound working knowledge of welfare benefits system and services provided by statutory agencies.
- Experience administering and manage Housing Support Plans and other procedures underpinning services.
- Excellent time management and able to prioritise a varied workload.
- Basic IT skills including ability to use MS Word to read documents, Outlook for emails and search skills to use company Intranet.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Inhouse Training Programs
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Employee Health and Wellbeing Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Back to Work with us