Details:Location: Cameron Court, Forres
Working hours: 33.5 hours per week
Remuneration: 24,591.40 - £28,247.40 per annum, pro-rata including the sleepover allowance
Closing Date: 22nd April 2022 noon
Support Worker – Cameron Court
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Would you like to contribute to a rewarding and engaging environment? Join our enthusiastic and professional team as we promote independent living, provide housing management and housing support to our valued residents at our Cameron Court development in Forres. The Support Worker – Cameron Court post involves working 33.5 hours per week and includes an average of 122 sleepovers per year for which you will receive an additional sleepover payment of £36.29 for each sleepover shift worked.
You will be providing housing management services which enable older people to retain the role of tenant, to exercise choice and independence.
- Administer and manage Housing Support and Care Plans.
- Manage the service and ensure catering and domestic services are provided in accordance with Association standards in the absence if the Line Manager.
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective meals service including setting tables and preparing the dining area to ensure a pleasant mealtime experience for all.
- Ensure appropriate professional help is accessed and provide care and support until effective arrangements are in place in the event of an emergency.
- Organise repairs/maintenance and management of rent.
- Assist with complex or sensitive situations such as account queries, complaints, or property matters.
- Liaise with colleagues, families, and external agencies.
- Arrange for advice, assistance and installation of appropriate aids and adaptations to enhance independence.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping older people.
- Experience in a housing support / or similar environment is desirable.
- Demonstrable high-level empathy and effective communication skills.
- Customer orientated approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Resilient, proactive, and self-confident.
- Proficient administrator with good IT Skills.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification is essential with the expectation to gain (SVQ) level 3, Modern Apprenticeship in Social Service Healthcare. Training will be provided to achieve this.
- SSSC registration will be mandatory upon appointment as well as Membership to the PVG Scheme for Vulnerable Adults.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed is rewarded.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us