Working hours: 17.5 per week
Remuneration: £19,800 - £23,456 (pro-rata)
Closing Date: 13th October 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
You will be part of an enthusiastic, professional and caring team, providing support to our Woodburn Court development. Contributing to providing a housing management and housing support service promoting independent living for older people.
- Provide housing management services which enable older people to retain the role of tenant, to exercise choice and independence.
- Organising repairs/maintenance, helping to manage rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, carrying out minor practical tasks to assist customers.
- Administer and manage Housing Support and Care Plans and other processes underpinning services.
- Encourage appropriate use of Occupational Therapy services including arranging for advice, assistance and installation of appropriate aids and adaptations to enhance independence.
- Deal with customers’ enquiries. To assist where required in complex or sensitive situations such as Rent Account queries or neighbour complaints or property matters.
- Provide physical care, in accordance with approved standards, to assist clients carrying out tasks of day to day living as directed.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, management of continence, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- Liaise with colleagues, families, external agencies both under supervision and alone in the absence of the Manager (Inc. Day Care), the post’s line manager.
- Supporting customers with personal finances, paying of bills, carrying money for shopping all in strict accordance with Association procedures.
- Maintain medication records, provide reminders and report concerns and problems.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping older people
- 2 Years’ experience in a housing support / housing management & care environment
- Demonstrable high level empathy and effective communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure
- Resilient, proactive and self-confident
- Proficient administrator with good IT Skills.
- This post will require PVG Scheme Membership (adults)
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification enabling registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a Housing Support Worker on the opening of the register (currently 2017), or the requirement to obtain a relevant qualification enabling registration via self-funding by the closure of the register (currently 2020).
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us