Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £19,800 - £23,456
Closing Date: 24th June 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. We currently manage more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We provide a range of housing and tenure types to meet the different support needs of older people, allowing them to retain their independence within a local community and enjoy as much privacy or company as they wish.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
Hanover is currently offering an opportunity for a Support Worker to join us on a permanent basis at our Glengowan Court development. You will be part of an enthusiastic, professional and caring team, providing support to in Larkhall.
The Support Worker Larkhall contributes to providing a housing management and housing support service promoting independent living for older people. Ultimately promoting the safety and independence of people who depend on you to feel safe and enabled in their homes.
This role includes waking nights / sleepovers as well as weekend and holiday working.
You will be working as part of a responsible and enthusiastic team to ensure that services are delivered flexibly, innovatively in a dignified, safe and stimulating way. Promoting independence and encouraging customers to exercise choice.
- The Support Worker Larkhall provides housing management services which enable older people to retain the role of tenant, to exercise choice and independence.
- Organising repairs/maintenance, helping to manage rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, carrying out minor practical tasks to assist customers.
- Deliver quality housing management, support and, where provided, care services to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards.
- Administer and manage Housing Support and Care Plans and other processes underpinning services.
- Encourage appropriate use of Occupational Therapy services including arranging for advice, assistance and installation of appropriate aids and adaptations to enhance independence.
- Deal with customers’ enquiries. To assist where required in complex or sensitive situations such as Rent Account queries or neighbour complaints or property matters.
- Provide physical care, in accordance with approved standards, to assist clients carrying out tasks of day to day living as directed.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, management of continence, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- Liaise with colleagues, families, external agencies both under supervision and alone in the absence of the Manager (Inc. Day Care), the post’s line manager
- Supporting customers with personal finances, paying of bills, carrying money for shopping all in strict accordance with Association procedures.
- Maintain medication records, provide reminders and report concerns and problems.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping older people
- Ideally, 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable high level empathy and effective communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure
- Resilient, proactive and self-confident
- Proficient administrator with good IT Skills.
- Hold or able to achieve Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Hold or be able to achieve Elementary Rehis.
- This post will require PVG Scheme Membership (adults).
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification enabling registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a Housing Support Worker on the opening of the register (currently 2017), or the requirement to obtain a relevant qualification enabling registration via self-funding by the closure of the register (currently 2020).
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded.
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Generous Pension Options
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programs
We’re most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You’ll be working in a company with a strong identity and under experienced Manager’s at your place of work so there’s plenty to learn and room to grow.
Life at Hanover is a satisfying decision and if it sounds like the opportunity for you; our team certainly look forward to welcoming you. Please do feel at liberty to ask any questions or if you’re ready to see what we’re about, apply today!
The Application Process
We ask that you take 15 minutes to apply by using our application form. We are unable to accept CVs as we operate a fair recruitment process and therefore standardise the applicant information that we collect. Please note that you may wish to use an up to date browser other than internet explorer should any of the ‘apply now’ buttons be unavailable.
Apply online today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later (just remember to come back before the closing date). Please note that initial interviews may be conducted via video to ensure the safety of your community.
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions at email@example.com OR, if you’re ready, we look forward to receiving your application form very soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us