Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £23,517 - £27,417 per annum
Closing Date: 9th November 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
The Team Leader will support the Manager to motivate and supervise a team of dedicated Care and Support Workers, as well as ancillary staff, ensuring the smooth running of the service at our award winning Linkwood View development.
The service is both challenging and rewarding. Our customers have a range of complex needs such as Physical Disabilities, Learning Disability and Mental Health requirements. You will be:
- Working to ensure rotas and service coverage are in place.
- Providing quality supervision of team members.
- Compiling, implementing, and updating customer care plans and delivering excellent care.
- Coaching new starts and providing effective team leadership.
- Applying a sound understanding of the needs of older people and people with varying care needs.
- Applying your strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a variety of stakeholders.
Experience of supervising care and support staff in a similar role would be desirable but the right candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have gained relevant experience by, for example, stepping up, or providing supervisory cover, by coaching new starts or by regularly taking the initiative to improve service delivery.
- 2 years’ demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- People orientated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social care is desirable.
- Experience of supervising care and support staff in a similar role is desirable.
SSSC registration will be mandatory upon appointment as well as PVG Scheme Membership.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us