Working hours: 21 per week
Remuneration: £19,800 - £23,456 (pro-rata)
Closing Date: 23rd November 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
About the Role
Hanover Scotland Customer Service Centre, a control room of dedicated telecare operators who support Hanover’s customers nationwide.
At Hanover, some of our customers need help to feel safe and secure at home. Our Telecare Operators are vital in providing this critical service.
The Telecare Administrator performs a variety of secretarial, organisational and administrative tasks for our Telecare Department. Working with us Monday’s, Tuesday’s, and Friday’s – 21 hours per week – you will be the heartbeat of the department, ensuring the vital data and information available to our dedicated team ensures smooth and effective operation. This is a fast-paced environment and requires astute focus, initiative and understanding of departmental goals.
- Data entry ensuring the call-handling systems database in current
- Logging and assisting with the complaints management systems
- Billing of corporate clients via the Open Housing and Documotive system
- Administer the authorisation and payment of invoices for office services.
- Distribution of Yearly Price Increase letters, notifying of their annual price increase
- Ordering of Telecare equipment and sending out replacement equipment to Private clients
- Assist the Telecare Manager in respect of reporting and organisation of meetings.
- Act as a general supportive role to Telecare Supervisor and Senior Operators
You must be able to work from home professionally and handle calls continuously during unsociable hours. Due to the critical nature of the role; a strong and stable internet connection is required to perform this role and you must live within reasonable commuting distance to the office in case of technical outage. An ability to go to the local office is necessary where an alternative secure location to usual home working is unavailable.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for providing care and help to people.
- Resilient, proactive, and self-confident.
- Strong, clear, and effective communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working
- Demonstrable experience of office management abilities
- Demonstrable experience of bespoke systems management and their development
- Experience using a wide range of management reports and documentation.
- MS Windows, word processing, and e-mail
- An understanding or keen interest residential maintenance / repairs is an advantage.
Please note that a full background check and pre-employment checks will be conducted where offer of employment is made.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in an organisation with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us