Working hours: 20 per week
Remuneration: £19,800 - £23,456 (pro-rata)
Closing Date: 20th October 2021 noon
Previous applicants need not apply, thank you.
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. We currently manage more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We provide a range of housing and tenure types to meet the different support needs of older people, allowing them to retain their independence within a local community and enjoy as much privacy or company as they wish.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
Hanover Scotland Customer Service Centre, a control room of dedicated telecare operators who support Hanover’s customers nationwide.
At Hanover, some of our customers need help to feel safe and secure at home. Our Telecare Operators are vital in providing this critical service.
Successful applicants will be required to fulfil 20 hours per week. Shifts are negotiable at interview though must be between:
- 08:00 and 22:00 weekends / 16:00 to 22:00 weekdays
Your customers will be nationwide and as the voice of Hanover you will be taking inbound alarm calls, determining the reason for a call, and coordinating vital activities to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers.
Every call is different as our Customer Service Centre operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and you will discover a real variety of customer situations meaning that each day brings something new.
You must be able to work from home professionally and handle calls continuously during unsociable hours. Due to the critical nature of the role; a strong and stable internet connection is required to perform this role and you must live within reasonable commuting distance to the office in case of technical outage. An ability to go to the local office is necessary where an alternative secure location to usual home working is unavailable.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for providing care and help to people.
- Resilient, proactive, and self-confident.
- Strong, clear and effective communication skills
- Unwavering patience and understanding.
- Ability to empathise with older persons and comfortably build rapport in difficult situations.
- Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working
- An understanding or keen interest residential maintenance / repairs is an advantage.
Please note that a full background check and pre-employment checks will be conducted where offer of employment is made.
What We Are Offering
- Basic reward package of £19,800 pa (pro-rata) basic salary.
- Incremental annual salary increases from £19,800 – £23,456 (pro rata) over 5 years.
- On-the-job training to ensure you are fully trained to deal with customer situations.
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Working in a rewarding role within a friendly and open environment.
The Application Process
It’s important that we get to know each other thoroughly before having the opportunity to welcome you to the team. We operate a three-stage recruitment process:
Online Applications that meet the minimum criteria for the role will be contacted to attend:
- Initial Telephone Interview
- Virtual Assessment Centre
- Personal Video Interview
Each stage provides an opportunity to assess important requirements and ultimately, your suitability for the role. Interviews will be conducted in October 2021. We look forward to hopefully meeting you soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us