Working hours: 35.2 hours per week
Remuneration: £24,335 per annum
Closing Date: 21st April 2022 noon
Reference: 055 (ELG)
Telecare Operator – Nightshift
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Hanover Scotland Customer Service Centre Elgin, a control room of dedicated telecare operators who support Hanover’s customers nationwide.
At Hanover, some of our customers need help to feel safe and secure at home. Our Telecare Operators are vital in providing this critical service.
This exciting role is full-time, following a demanding three shift pattern roster which includes early shift, back shift and night shift working. Your customers will be nationwide and as the voice of Hanover you will be taking inbound alarm calls, determining the reason for a call, and coordinating vital activities to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers.
Every call is different as our Customer Service Centre operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and you will discover a real variety of customer situations meaning that each day brings something new.
You must be able to work from home professionally and handle calls continuously during unsociable hours. Due to the critical nature of the role; a strong and stable internet connection is required in order to perform this role.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for providing care and help to people.
- Resilient, proactive, and self-confident.
- Strong, clear and effective communication skills
- Unwavering patience and understanding.
- Ability to empathise with older persons and comfortably build rapport in difficult situations.
- Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working
- Must hold the right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
Please note that a full background check and pre-employment checks will be conducted where offer of employment is made.
What we are offering
- Basic reward package of £20,106 pa basic salary.
- Night shift premium equivalent to 20% of starting basic salary.
- Incremental annual salary increase from £24,335 to £28,747 over 5 years (inclusive of night shift allowance).
- On-the-job training to ensure you are fully trained to deal with customer situations.
- Basic annual leave entitlement.
- Working patterns consist of 4 days on and 3 days off (4 off after night shift).
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Working in a rewarding role within a friendly and open environment.
- We are based at North Area Office, 12 Institution Road, Elgin, IV30 1QX, though we will provide equipment whilst working from home.
Telecare Operator – Nightshift
It’s really important that we get to know each other thoroughly before having the opportunity to welcome you to the team. We operate a three stage recruitment process:
Online Applications that meet the minimum criteria for the role will be contacted to attend:
- Initial Telephone Interview
- Virtual Assessment Centre
- Personal Video Interview
Each stage provides an opportunity to assess important requirements and ultimately, your suitability for the role. We look forward to hopefully meeting you soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us