Working hours: 34.9 hours per week
Remuneration: £19,879 - £23,550 (including nightshift allowance)
Closing Date: 29th January 2020 noon
Job Description: You will be situated in one of our state of the art control centres making a vital contribution to co-ordinate and deliver our efficient and effective telecare service. Ultimately ensuring the safety and independence of the vulnerable people who depend on you to feel safe and enabled in their homes.
More about this position
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We currently provide and manage a wide range of housing with more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland and support over 40,000 people each year.
About the Role
Our control centre is a vital part in delivering our exceptional service. You will be situated in one of our state of the art control centres making a vital contribution to co-ordinate and deliver our efficient and effective telecare service. Ultimately ensuring the safety and independence of the vulnerable people who depend on you to feel safe and enabled in their homes.
This exciting role is full-time, following shift patterns and as the voice of Hanover Scotland you will be:
• Making and receiving calls from Hanover residents in a professional and caring way, whilst logging important and relevant information onto the Telecare computer system.
• Identifying and evaluate the caller’s queries or concerns, through empathetic questioning, focused listening and accurate data entry.
• Taking responsibility, solving problems, and guiding callers towards a solution that meets their needs – whilst remaining calm, polite and friendly.
• To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
• Ability to build rapport over the phone and identify their needs
• Strong, clear communication skills in order to succeed
• Demonstrable ability to remain calm under high pressure
• Resilient, proactive and self-confident
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, e-mail and desktop applications
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
• Competitive Salary and Remuneration
• Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
• Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
• Generous Pension Options
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• External qualifications SVQs
• Employee Protection Protocols
• Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
• Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com.
• Once submitted, your application will then be screened and we will notify you of the outcome.
• If successful, we will invite you to meet us at one of our friendly Assessment Centres.
First Week of February (Date TBC)
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738