Working hours: 35 hours per week.
Remuneration: £27,211 - £34,306 per annum
Closing Date: 3rd April 2020 noon
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Our Very Sheltered Housing Managers oversee the provision of housing management and care services provided at very sheltered developments which enable older people to retain the role of tenant and to exercise choice and independence, including organising repairs/maintenance, management of rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, carrying out minor practical tasks to assist customers.
This important role is on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
- To oversee the provision of housing management and care services provided at very sheltered developments which enable older people to retain the role of tenant and to exercise choice and independence, including organising repairs/maintenance, management of rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, carrying out minor practical tasks to assist customers.
- To lead, manage and motivate staff using a teamwork approach and to ensure that the development is adequately staffed at all times in accordance with approved staffing arrangements.
- To deliver quality housing management, support and care services to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards by identifying suitable applicants, managing allocations and terminations in a manner consistent with the Association’s policies.
- To ensure that customers’ enquiries are responded to timeously. To assist where required in complex or sensitive situations such as Rent Account queries or neighbour complaints or property matters.
- To communicate effectively to other staff their responsibilities and to establish, monitor and maintain consistent standards of staff performance ensuring that staff training needs are identified.
- To manage day care and respite care services effectively according to the Association’s standards.
- To ensure the provision of an efficient and effective catering service, providing regular wholesome and nutritious meals to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards for food safety to both very sheltered and any associated day centres.
- To ensure that the management of income and expenditure reporting is undertaken in accordance with the Association’s procedures.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Three years’ application of the skills knowledge and abilities listed in section 1 above.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 4 in Health and Social Care and Level 4 Manager Award or equivalent qualification enabling registration within 6 months of commencing employment in the post with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- However, if you do not hold the desired qualification of SVQ4 and Level 4 Manager Award, we are committed to supporting you and you must obtain these qualifications within 12 months from commencing employment in the post.
- Must be registered and remain registered with the Scottish Social Services Council as a condition of employment.
- Hold or be able to obtain Basic REHIS Food Safety Certificate.
- Hold or be able to obtain Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Applicant should have a clean driver’s license and have access and use of a vehicle for business use.
- Will have a sound understanding of housing management, housing support and care services environments.
- Basic computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Windows, word-processing & e-mail, plus use of corporate databases.
Apply today to join an exceptional team who make a real difference in the lives of residents, and take pride in everything that they do.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
- Apply today or send to email@example.com
- If successful, we will then invite you to interview / assessment where we will have the opportunity to learn more about you.
Closing Date: 10 April 2020
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738