Working hours: 16 hours per week - Saturday and Sunday - 9am to 6pm
Remuneration: £9.98 per hour
Closing Date: 6th April 2020 noon
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
- This important role will see you undertaking domestic and ancillary tasks within a development that puts its residents first. Cooking and serving light meals as well as serving pre-prepared food to a high standard. You will work individually (lone working within a kitchen environment) and as part of a staff team whilst being sensitive to the needs and independence of our older residents at all times.
- Planning in advance and maintaining procedures to ensure a varied, nutritious menu for customers. Preparing meals daily or in advance to cover all seven days of the week.
- Cook, prepare and serve meals to customers during duty hours and prepare other meals for distribution during meetings and events.
- To maintain high standards of food hygiene and presentation and ensure Kitchen areas and all other areas satisfy health and safety regulation.
- Utilise nominated suppliers and provide cost effective ordering programmes. Administer stock rotations, portion control and food records.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, one year’s demonstrative experience in a similar / equivalent role.
- Hold or be willing to obtain REHIS food hygiene certificates.
- Flexible approach to work with ability to empathise and demonstrate professional conduct and detachments in working with potentially vulnerable customers.
- Basic IT Skills.
- Working knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements.
- Basic awareness of health and safety including identification and reporting of risk.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
Do you think you have what it takes? Apply Today:
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visit our website to submit an application form www.hanover.scot/work-with-us/
If successful, we will then invite you to interview where we will have the opportunity to learn more about you.
Closing Date: 6 April 2020
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738